Thursday, June 10, 2010

Barbie Spanktacular Bonnet

This is a bonnet I've been working on, on and off, for a few weeks now. I had some of this totally Barbie ball gown material kicking around and had been just itching to use it in a bonnet. I decided to do a whole lot of experimenting and tried a much longer style of bonnet, so the brim looks much fuller when worn.

 I found it really hard to get a picture of just how iridescent the fabric used on the brim was! It has a lot of gold and green interference and has a bumpy texture, pretty much exactly like a bunch of Barbie dresses I had growing from the 80's.

 The corsages on the sides are pretty small for me, and they are both pretty much the same, there is a big iridescent bow hiding under the corsages!


A close up of some of the bows and flowers along the brim. The decorations are all detachable so you can add as many or as few as you want, or move them around as you see fit. For this bonnet, I did use faux flowers of a lesser quality than I normally use, but because they are clustered up so much with the ribbons it doesn't really look bad or cheap or anything. I have found that to make the most out of not-so-amazing faux flowers you really have to go all out with them!

The back of the bonnet. Okay, not much to see her besides my tangled wig! This is a half bonnet after all!

This bonnet is up for sale for a cheap price in my shop, due to the thinner gauge wire used and general experimentation of the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment