Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jet & Sapphire Seraphim Bonnet and Miscellaneous Goods

I've got some new items in the shop after I realized I had one bonnet left! I am slowly trying to build up more ready made bonnets and miscellaneous items. I am aiming for a rather high goal of having 5 pre-made bonnets in stock. I've gotten a lot quicker at bonnet making now, so this isn't too high of a goal, it's just a matter of me not being lazy about it!


First up is a new bonnet, Jet & Sapphire, because I like giving my bonnets jewel-themed names. I really wanted to make an epically Gothic bonnet. The frame I had sitting around for some time, just waiting for something to be made out of it, I finally decided to give it a go since I had a ton of left-over black lace. Ideally, I would have used black roses, but I still haven't found a place that sells high quality black roses. This bonnet features both a ruffle of lace around the head, an ostrich feather, and 3 extra large rose corsages, something that non of my ready made bonnets have had. I really love the extra corsage on the underside of the brim, it really makes it even more decadent. Of course, you can always take the roses off and have a plain black bonnet, as they are all on pin bases.


I've also updated the shop with an Alice in Wonderland themed necklace. I do make a lot of jewelery and I just haven't really gotten around to making any specifically for the shop. This necklace features a portrait of Alice, has antique brass toned chain and findings, and red glass beads. It's a fancy necklace, and the portrait is rather large, but the simple details mean it can be worn when dressed-up, or dressed-down.


I've also added two pairs of hair pins. Both featuring little bouquets of flowers on a lacy base. One being a bit more sweet, the other being a bit darker. I like these because they let me wear flowers in my hair without having to wear a very large hair corsage or comb.


Finally, we have something that is a bit Mori or Dolly inspired, or at least, to me, I imagine this working well with either of those styles. It's a large rose hair comb on a lace bow. I just love these faux roses, they look just like real dried roses. I can imagine this tucked into the base of a wavy pony tail, or holding back two small braids.


Notice something about the back!? I now have little tags with my shop name on them. I'm even more excited about finishing things now that I can put a little tag on them when I'm done! I have the tags in a few different colors, including blue, gray, and a dusty red, so I can coordinate them with whatever it is they are going on. I made these tags myself, with inkjet fabric, it was a pain cutting out the first sheet because I didn't think my paper cutter could handle it so I had to do it with scissors. I held my breath before each cut to make sure I didn't wobble at all! The second sheet, I tried it with my paper cutter and found that it works just fine if I press down extra hard, I'm afraid I ruined my blade though. Oh well, I needed a new blade anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment