Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Bonnet Review

I recently shipped out a commission for Miss Lumpy, a fellow Lolita blogger, to match a beautiful dress she commissioned.

 Photo by Miss Lumpy, bonnet by me!
Here is a review she did of the bonnet I made, as well as more pictures of the bonnet. I am so happy that she likes it! The bonnet is made with gorgeous silk in a unique aqua blue color. This was the first time I had worked with silk and I was at first really nervous about it but quickly got the hang of it and really enjoyed working with it. It gathers beautifully.

This bonnet is much shorter than the bonnets I usually make, the crown is meant to just reach across the head to the ears. This bonnet is also a bit simpler than other bonnets I have made and that works really well with the dress that it was meant to match.

I actually have a large amount of silk left over in this color and am looking into dying it to make a couple more bonnets with it. I'll definitely be dying a large amount of it black, because you can never have too many black bonnets, but I am also interested in what other colors of dye would do to the blue color.

No comments:

Post a Comment